Aug 15, 2008

A book we enjoyed - The Big Bad Wolf And Me


We were in Barns & Nobles Richmond this afternoon hiding from the scorching sun and heat. While A-boo training his fingers with all the noise generating books, I found this neat little book on the shelf named: The Big Bad Wolf & Me. It caught my interest immediately with it's simple small cartoon layouts. All the graphics are simple and clean. And it was a cute & funny story. Hubby came by and he read the book and enjoyed it. No spoilers here. I didn't show A-boo the book in fear of his talents in deconstruction. A-boo is not old enough to understand the story anyway. Actually, we have not even introduce big bad wolf to him yet. Fairy-tales and fables have not yet catch his attention.
While I still have not been doing my children's book homework yet, but every once awhile I do try to pick up one and find many of these picture books far more interesting, imaginative, artistic and creative then any TV cartoons for children (which nowadays are mostly very "interactive"(not!)) But I think adults appreciates these books in a different levels compare to kids.

We didn't buy the book, though I'm thinking we should. Someday he might enjoy it.