Aug 28, 2008

A Great Sense of Lost

From time to time, I researched back to my childhood school and see how the schools physically evolved (and they all did.) I hadn't been back to any of them since I know Alex and put my past behind. Today, as I was in my carpool. I went and search for Mr. Landis's whereabouts on my iphone(something I meant to search for for a long time). He is my middle school choir teacher for 2 years and my favorite teacher of all time. Terrified by the fact that I got hits that titles: school auditorium named after Robert Landis, further search confirmed his pass away in 2003 of cancer.
Mr. Landis was my first music teacher. He taught me not only music, singing techniques, but also expanded my music skills to unusual instruments like chimes and bells, which required great sense of rhythm, discipline, teamwork and coordination. He took our class to perform in the community all the time. (which got him in trouble since we were out of school so much) He has this charm (and mustache!) that influenced my own character.
It's sad to know that he passed away. And feeling a great sense of lost of my pass.

Rest in peace, you'll always be remembered & cherished.